Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Go For It

By April Eckwielen

I come across quotes and thought provoking memes on a daily basis. Today, I had two pop up, one right after the other, and they got me thinking. The quote was “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” ~ Helen Keller, The Open Door.

The meme was this:


Both of these things got me thinking. I want to do so much but I always say it will never happen, I don't have the money, I have no clue how to plan it, etc, etc. Excuses. I make excuses, and then have a pity party while I see others going out there and having a blast.

Thanks to these messages from my feed and, yes, I believe placed there one after the other by the Universe to grab my attention, I made a choice. I pulled out a notebook I purchased months ago that has “ Make it Happen” emblazoned on its cover, and started my travel journal. This would be my place to set my intentions for exploration and keep a record of the planning and outcomes. My dreams of places to visit and experiences to have will go here. It will be my portable vision board in book form, my travel intentions.

The Universe has a funny way of showing us what we need at the moment we are searching. Before I saw the quote and meme I had just said aloud that I was not going to sit around the house today doing nothing. The Universe gave me that smack on my head telling me to get out there and go for it.

Let's see where these travel intentions take me. Thank you, Universe, for the push.

Happy adventuring!

No comments:

Post a Comment